Psychology of Writing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Descendants

4 posters

Go down

The Descendants Empty The Descendants

Post by LunarScorpio Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:07 pm

I've tried putting this role-play together many times and I was hesitant about bringing it up here, but, what the hell, might as well!

Plot:

It had been many years since the last war between good and evil had broken out. The Gods had been keeping evil under control for the past centuries, but what happens when the God’s powers began to become dormant as they’re passed down to the next generation? Though the God’s are not the only ones with descendants--the evil power has also been passed down to the next generations, but considering their long life spans; their powers have not been made dormant. The evil power was simply waiting for the right opportunity to strike. Now it is the Shadow’s turn to take control of the power which has been granted to him.

The year is 2009 and those who hold the power are being called upon to save the Earth from evil once more. There is only one descendant who still has their powers fully intact and it is The Collector’s duty to gather the remaining descendants together using the power of persuasion. It has and always will be their obligation to protect the planet in any way possible--with or without their necklaces--even if it means losing their own lives. The time has come and they must fight, whether they’re ready or not.

With the help of their charmed necklaces--each resembling their powers--will unleash their inner powers and help each of them wield them. Without the necklaces, it is unknown what would happen to their powers, but if it were to occur the results may be disastrous. Their first quest shall be to locate the necklace which can only be touched by its rightful owner, hence why the Collector, who knows their location, could not retrieve them on his/her own. But it will be a difficult journey none the less; will they be up to it? And if and when they obtain their powers, will they be able to defeat the evil forces which have descended down onto the Earth?

The Collector: The Collector is the only descendant whose powers have always been with him. He has the power of precognition which gives them the ability to predict future events; however, the powers are limited. He can only see the outcome of a decision once it is made, the issue being people can change their minds, and therefore the premonition can be altered or inaccurate at times. He is also what is known as a ‘Touch Know’, meaning he can touch an object and see memories that are connected to it. The Collector also has the power of persuasion, meaning he has the ability to force others to obey their spoken command, though it will not work on the strong willed. He also has the ability of creating psychic weapons which means he can create a weapon of psychic energy that can harm mentally and not physically. He is also very accurate when it comes to the use of weaponry. Finally, the Collector is very agile, making it easy for him to move around quickly. --Taken

The Interpreter: The Interpreter has the ability to read, manipulate, and speak in other’s minds. Along with Mind control, he also has the ability to speak in different languages, even those unknown to man, which includes but doesn’t limit to speaking to animals. The Interpreter also has the power of telekinesis, which allows him to move objects with his mind. Also, he has the ability to view and associate with spirits of the deceased. Finally, The Interpreter has the ability to see clearly in the darkness and to magnify his vision. --Taken

Light Hearted: The Light Hearted has the ability to blind people with her inner light. She also has the ability to bend the sunlight and gather its energy into an orb, which can be used as a weapon or as a simple flashlight. She can also summon a bow and arrows of golden light from within. He/she also has the ability to regenerate her body parts if they are say, chopped off or something to that extent. She also has the ability to phase threw solid objects The Light Hearted also has the ability to heal the wounds of others and herself. There have been myths stating that the Light Hearted can also bring people back from the dead, but that is just a myth, or is it? --Taken

The Quick: The Quick, of course, has the ability to move at a very rapid speed. No one is quite sure how fast she can run, considering no one’s ever been able to clock her. Along with super speed, the Quick also has the ability to imitate abilities possessed by animals without shape-shifting into one. The Quick can gain abilities of different animals, to put it simply. The Quick also has the ability to phase. Finally, The Quick has the ability to stretch, deform, expand, and contract her body making her very flexible.

The Genie: The Genie has the ability to grant not only wishes of others, but also her own wishes, however not all of the wishes can’t be granted such as bringing someone back from the dead, killing people, taking others powers away from them, making people fall in love, or of course wishing for more wishes. Others of course only get three wishes when it’s their turn, unlike herself who can grant as many of her own wishes as she wants. Also, just because she (or anyone else) wishes something, that doesn’t mean it will always come true, and her granted wishes don’t always last--if she were to wish for the use of someone else’s power, it may or may not stay as long as it’s wanted or needed. In a nut shell, she can make dreams or nightmares come true. It is also up to her as to whether or not she grants someone's wish. She also has the ability to create force fields around herself and those around her. -- Taken

The Alchemist: The Alchemist has the ability to use elemental transmutation (think Full Metal Alchemist). Also, he has the ability to cause earthquakes, levitate, and reshape Earth components. The Alchemist has the power of super strength as well. Naturally, this person is also very good at science, chemistry especially. The Alchemist can also talk with plant life considering how close he is to the Earth and its components. And finally the Alchemist has the ability to weigh gravity down on people around him/her, and of course bring it back to normal.

The Villians:

The Shadow (M): The Shadow has the ability to manipulate the darkness and manipulate dark energy. He also has the ability to manipulate energy and generate forces such as electricity. He also has the ability to summon beings for assistance and to animate and control the dead. He also knows how to use dark magic without the use of a wand or any other magical item. He is able to use spells without speaking them.

The Assassin (F): The Assassin had the ability to create and control fire using the power of the mind. She can generate fire from out of nowhere, with just a flick of the wrist or a snap of her fingers. She also has the ability to create and direct lightning, even without a storm. The Assassin has the ability to morph into different people that she has touched (Think X-men's Mystique). She is also a very seductive woman, who has the ability of seducing those around her. It comes in handy when she’s trying to get what she wants. If you were wondering who exactly the Assassin assists and whether or not she is good or evil, this girl is pure evil and assists the one and only Shadow.

So, if anyone's interested, let me know and I can start giving more details. This will be either a casual or advance RP, btw.

Last edited by LunarScorpio on Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
LunarScorpio
LunarScorpio
Admin Critics
Admin Critics

http://familyvent.com

Back to top Go down

The Descendants Empty Re: The Descendants

Post by Excalibur Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:46 pm

Oh! Awesome idea, and quite the classic conflicts. I like how organized it is, and I'd love to join.

[Dunno if you can reserve characters here, but if you can, I'd like the Collector.]
Excalibur
Excalibur
An Anecdote

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarScorpio Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:50 pm

Wonderful! I hope to be able to get this role-play up and running. But yeah, you can have the Collector's spot. If the role-play ends up taking off, I'll send you more info as to where the different necklaces could be and all that good stuff.
LunarScorpio
LunarScorpio
Admin Critics
Admin Critics

Back to top Go down

Post by Excalibur Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:59 pm

Mwhahaha, thanks so much! It really has a lot of potential. And yeah, I love the powers. Just a question, how many advanced roleplayers are active on this site? [I'm assuming its an advanced level, correct me if I'm wrong.]
Excalibur
Excalibur
An Anecdote

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarScorpio Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:02 pm

It's either going to be an advanced or casual. It just depends who joins and what not. I'm not sure how many advance lits we actually have. Everyone seems to jump around to different sections, lol. Like Leigh, she's all over the place, hehe.
LunarScorpio
LunarScorpio
Admin Critics
Admin Critics

Back to top Go down

Post by SinMarai Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:32 pm

Ooooh, I like it! I'd also love to join.
    And if we're reserving spots, mind if I snag the Light Hearted?
SinMarai
SinMarai
Chicken Scratch

http://sinmarai.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavenLeighDahl Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:58 am

XD Yeah I do.

Does The Interpreter have to be a boy? I could sooooo use Heaven for that role.
HeavenLeighDahl
HeavenLeighDahl
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarScorpio Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:59 am

Nope, doesn't have to be a boy.

And sure thing, Sin!
LunarScorpio
LunarScorpio
Admin Critics
Admin Critics

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavenLeighDahl Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:00 am

YES! I know just how to work that! *dances* Dance
HeavenLeighDahl
HeavenLeighDahl
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by SinMarai Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:04 pm

Awesome. Victorine will be perfect for that role. <3
SinMarai
SinMarai
Chicken Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarScorpio Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:54 pm

I think the only female role left is the Assassin then. Generally I try to keep it even between guys and gals, but whatever you guys are up for.
LunarScorpio
LunarScorpio
Admin Critics
Admin Critics

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarScorpio Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:11 pm

If we get someone to take The Shadow's role we can actually probably start putting profiles together and all that good stuff. Plus there's more info that I haven't posted yet and, yeah, now I'm rambling, lol.

Also, where would you guys like this RP to be placed? Casual or Advance?
LunarScorpio
LunarScorpio
Admin Critics
Admin Critics

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavenLeighDahl Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:32 am

This seems more like an Advanced RP. In my opinion.
HeavenLeighDahl
HeavenLeighDahl
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by SinMarai Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:20 pm

It sounds advanced to me, too.
SinMarai
SinMarai
Chicken Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarScorpio Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:59 pm

Alright, we'll make it advance then. I think Ex was thinking it was advance to from a previous comment.
LunarScorpio
LunarScorpio
Admin Critics
Admin Critics

Back to top Go down

Post by Excalibur Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:09 pm

Yeah, definitely sounds like advanced type. Argh! Cant wait! I wonder why nobody wanted to be the Shadow... Hm... well if anyone actual wants to be the Collector, then you can let him and I'll take the Shadow. Then we can finally get started! xO
Excalibur
Excalibur
An Anecdote

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarScorpio Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:26 pm

Well, once we get a collector or shadow or whatever (lol) I'll make an OOC with all of the details that I didn't include here.
LunarScorpio
LunarScorpio
Admin Critics
Admin Critics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum