Psychology of Writing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When night falls. (Seer + Mystic)

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

When night falls. (Seer +  Mystic) Empty When night falls. (Seer + Mystic)

Post by SeekingSeer Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:03 am

When night falls. (Seer +  Mystic) JosephMintonNightFall

Sayo had followed the woman he thought loved him just as deeply as he had loved her. Her blood red lips brought liquid sweet promises with her kisses and seductive smile. Her emerald eyes sparkled wickedly while her chocolate hair flowed down her pale face and curves. She pulled at Sayo, urging him faster into her candle lit room. He complied smiling at her, his heart a flutter.

She tugged at his clothes and kissed his lips and throat eagerly. He returned her kisses passionately, not noticing how her eyes had turned cold and wanting with the anticipation of a wolf on an injured prey within its grasp. She pushed him down on her satin bed and ripped his shirt open. Sayo only pulled her closer to him, lost in his passion as he kissed her.

She traced his muscles, teasing her prey a little longer. She leaned forward and nuzzled his throat and took in his scent just above his jugular. His beating heart was erratic, fueled with adrenaline. She opened her mouth and licked his skin above his delicate vein. He shivered at her touch, oblivious of the obvious danger so close to him. Two long fangs extended from her mouth before she bit down into the nape of his neck.

Sayo gasped at the shock and looked down bewildered as his throat throbbed in pain. A single trickle of blood flowed down from the wound. His eyes widened in terror and he fought her with all his strength that slowly ebbed away until it left him weak and limp. His body was pale from the loss of blood. She pulled away then and cut her own wrist with her fangs before forcing her blood into his mouth. He struggled against her, but it was too late. The blood seeped down his throat and he couldn't help but swallow the bitter liquid that suddenly tasted so sweet.

He drank eagerly then and tried to reach for her hand but she pulled away from him. Pain suddenly ruptured through his body. Every nerve inside him seemed alight with some fire and his muscles tensed at the searing pain. He screamed, unable to control his agony as his body twitched violently. Only then did he realize what he had become.

Sayo jolted up in bed, breathing heavily. He looked around wildly before calming his nerves. "Will that nightmare ever let me be?" he cried out desperately and hit the wall with his fist, leaving a dent in it. He reached up and felt his fangs. It had been so long since then, but the event and pain came to haunt him every night. He pushed back his unyielding spiky blond hair away from his face to show his ocean blue eyes. His face was angular and defined, revealing a man who appeared to be in his early twenties. His pale skin was luminescent in the moon's light and revealed an Olympic swimmer's body of lean muscle and grace.

A pang of hunger ravaged his stomach and burned his throat, drying his mouth. He shook his head trying to ignore his thirst. It had been a while since his last host died in the car accident and the hunger was beginning to get to him. He hated hunting, but he didn't have a choice. He couldn't afford getting weaker with the hunters breathing down on his back. He would go to the Moon Child bar he sang at and try to get a second host. There should be plenty of donors there.
SeekingSeer
SeekingSeer
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

When night falls. (Seer +  Mystic) Empty Re: When night falls. (Seer + Mystic)

Post by mysticaldragonmagic Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:14 am

The bar wasn’t too crowded, it never was. At least not after the hunters were doing their job. What once had been a place for ‘Blood Letters’ to get their daily fixes, was now an actual bar. Mitsuki liked it that way. With the leeches out of the way things could settle down. Well, things could never be how they were before, some things could never change.

Mitsuki ducked behind her waterfall of raven tresses, clutching the drink in her hand tighter. There was still one left. One that always evaded the hunters. He was good, he was smart, he tangoed on Mitsuki’s last nerve, and she knew she just had to wait until he missed a beat. That’s what she was doing in this run down bar, waiting for Mr. Last of His Kind to slip up. He had to sooner or later, and when he did, Mitsuki swore she would be the one to jam the stake through his chest.

Memories of the past no longer surfaced in Mitsuki’s mind, now it was just thoughts of what could have beens, and what ifs. Sub-consciously, Mitsuki fingered the strip of leather at her wrist, touching each of the tiny cuts she’d made. It was her count, of how many of those wretched creatures she’d taken from the planet. There weren’t enough though, she itched for one more notch, the last one the be rid of their existence completely, and she needed to do it before he decided he didn’t want to be alone anymore.

Swearing, Mitsuki’s fist hit the bar. What if he already spawned another of hades’ creatures? What if he had a whole damn flight of them? All while she was sitting there at a bar sipping on horrid cognac just waiting. What was she waiting for anyway? For him to stop on by and say ‘Hey Suki, I’m right here, so let’s duke it out.’ she managed a laugh at the thought, which meant she’d definitely done too much underage drinking.
mysticaldragonmagic
mysticaldragonmagic
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by SeekingSeer Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:29 pm

Sayo got out of his little bed and pulled on his leather revealing outfit he was forced to wear at his 'job'. He had to face it; he was just eye candy for the humans. They couldn't resist him so they always came back and brought a friend with them or two. That's why Anna, his manager, kept him around. He was a damned good singer and he brought in all the clients. He just hoped one of them would be stupid enough to follow him into his private room where he could feed. He didn't want to kill and even if he did, there would be bite marks. He needed to somehow get one of them to swear loyalty to him.

It had been easy before. His last host had been a blood letter and she was more than happy to abide his desires. But now, things were different. With most of the vampires dead and the media saying they were all gone, put a damper on those who still believed there was one lurking in the shadows. He would have to sit around and interrogate people, mostly drunk ones to select a meal worth taking. This was hunter territory and he needed to be careful.

He left his little cabin in the woods and used his speed to make it out of the trees in a matter of seconds. Once free of that, he walked casually to the bar. Already people were starring and he watched them all. He entered the bar and instantly was in the middle of grinding dancers. He easily walked through them and went to his manager who was behind the bar. He put on his plastic smile and walked over to her

"Anne. I am here..." he called out and let his eyes scan the crowd. Already he found potential healthy prey. His eyes then fell on a young woman sitting at the bar. It was clear she was underage, but Anne hadn't seemed to notice that. She must have faked an ID or something. She too looked healthy and her scent was quite enticing. He put on a brighter smile and sat down next to her.

"Hello there," he sad charmingly. "Aren't you a pretty little thing. Can I buy you a drink?" he asked her.
SeekingSeer
SeekingSeer
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by mysticaldragonmagic Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:51 pm

Mitsuki looked over the guy and blushed, judging by the outfit, he worked there. A quick glance at her powder blue cropped sweater and tight pants told her that they clashed, horridly so. For a moment she didn’t care that he stuck out like a sore thumb when she’d been taught to blend, she only thought of the pull of his eyes. Maybe it was the drinks. Maybe it was because it was because she hadn’t been on a hunt in far too long. Both could have been possible, but for whatever the reason, Mitsuki was drawn to the man that claimed the seat next to her, and she didn’t like it at all.

Refocusing on his question, Mitsuki shook her head no, “I’m sorry, but I didn’t think performers were allowed to hit on customers for better tips.” Lowering her voice down to a whisper, Mitsuki leaned forward, and added, “That’s borderline prostitution.”

Moving back away a curious expression crossed her features, he was so pale. Which meant one thing in the intoxicated hunters’ mind. Blood letter. She tried to see his neck, but couldn’t without being obvious. Blood letters didn’t like people checking out their necks, it was offensive to them. Mitsuki needed to know though. If he was pale that meant he’d been in recent contact with the source of his ‘high’ and Mitsuki needed to know where.

Fingering the band around her wrist, she contemplated ways to get him into a room to interrogate him. Mitsuki couldn’t do it in front of people, because it sometimes got violent, and then if he talked… The last thing she needed was for the media to get a hold of another story about vampires. They’d already been running stories on the extinction of the race, and Mitsuki liked that, she wanted them to think that. She wanted the last one to think he’s safe, and then he’d make it easy for her.
mysticaldragonmagic
mysticaldragonmagic
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by SeekingSeer Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:34 pm

Sayo couldn't help but laugh at her comment. He never thought of it that way. Maybe she was right. Maybe he was kind of like a prostitute looking for blood. He shook his head and leaned just a bit closer to her. Her scent was sweet. It kind of reminded him of a tropical breeze but the alcohol dwindled the affect a little. He didn't like alcohol, but he would drink red wine to try and get his mind of things. His eyes quickly scanned the area for his boss which had busied herself with a customer before turning back to the girl.

"I assure you, I am not doing this for tips. I don't need extra really. I get enough of that already. I am still a gentleman my lady and your beauty begged me to buy you a drink. How about it? It's on the house," he coaxed. If he had it his way, he wouldn't buy her a drink, but he needed to get her drunk enough to get her to spill her thoughts and maybe get himself a host. It was worth a shot. He hadn't gone host shopping in a while.

People who were dancing called to him, begging him to get on stage but he decided to ignore them. He had more important matters at hand. His eyes never left her unless they were catching glances of the people around him. He didn't want anyone to interfere. It would only make the game harder and he was already getting desperate to hurry this up and end the show. Anne might notice and she didn't like him biting her customers.

She knew what he was but left him be and only let him drink from her once. After that, she shut him out and told him to find someone else. He didn't understand why, but she was no option for him sadly. It was probably thanks to the fact that she was engaged and having your fiancé walk in and see some other guy nibbling on her neck probably wasn't a good image.

"So how about it? Can I buy you a drink?"
SeekingSeer
SeekingSeer
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by mysticaldragonmagic Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:21 am

Biting her lip in thought, she nodded. What harm could come from allowing a blood letter to buy her a drink anyway. “Only though, if you’ll let me ask a question.” she paused a moment, she didn’t want him to agree and then bombard him without him having a general idea of what he was getting himself into. “About your… skin tone.” she added, trying to catch his gaze, trying to let him know that she was aware he was a blood letter.

“I’m Mitsuki, by the way. I prefer Suki though.” She muttered toying again with the band at her wrist. She should have introduced herself earlier, and now she felt impolite. Having always been the well mannered one of her family, Mitsuki found that it was something that was difficult when slipping into hunter mode. She often found herself apologizing after slamming someone into a wall. Sometimes even she asked permission. It wasn’t always given, and that always set her hunter rage loose.

There had been a time when Mitsuki relished in her kill. To feel the power and adrenaline, it was incredible. It had always been more than that to Mitsuki though. She fought so no one else would feel the need to. Having gotten her revenge early on as a hunter, Mitsuki didn’t really need to fight anymore. She still did though, so that no one would have the hurt and anguish inside of them, pushing them to destroy what caused the hurt.

All she had to do was close her eyes, she knew that. Just close her eyes and she could see everything that had happened. Just by closing her eyes, Mitsuki could feel the pain of betrayal, and she could hear the screams. The screams that kept her awake at night. The screams that had driven her for so long, never to be put to rest. Her parents, before her very eyes, slaughtered by the creature she’d thought her own flesh and blood. Her brother, her life friend.
mysticaldragonmagic
mysticaldragonmagic
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by SeekingSeer Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:33 am

He smiled at her. Why would he be afraid of a question? He opened his mouth to tell her to ask away until she popped the question about his skin. He had nursed lie after lie about everything in his life. He knew every word and every question. This one was no different. He kept the pleasant smile on his face and leaned against the counter next to them.

"I am anemic," he answered. Then he caught an undertone to the question. She thought he was a blood letter! Ha! So she knew about that. Maybe she wanted to be a blood letter too. That was always a pleasant thought, but he couldn't let his guard down. He had to be careful with the information he handed out to people. He didn't know if they would fall into the wrong hands after all. He hated his life, or rather, his existence, but he didn't want to die yet. He didn't think he suffered enough for what he had done in his life and he was still hopping to find love.

He looked at her curious then. He still had the bite mark from his creator. That was one thing he could not get rid off. All the scars he obtained... most of them would go away except for the bite of his master and any scare made by one of those damned hunters. He would use his bite mark as an advantage if this woman really wanted to be a donor. His eyes sparkled slightly gold before he continued.

"At least... that's what I’ve been told by my doctors. They don't know a thing though." He winked at her and gave her a mischievous grin. "Can I order you your drink now?" he asked.
SeekingSeer
SeekingSeer
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by mysticaldragonmagic Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:02 am

Mitsuki wanted to laugh, Anemic. Common cause: repeated loss of blood. That was something she’d never heard before, but that meant he was in repeated contact with her target. While it was good to know that he was simply feeding and not creating fledglings, Mitsuki still needed the vamp. She had one more, and the world would be safe. She needed that for everyone.

It took Mitsuki just seconds to come up with a plan for interrogating the blood letter, though at the moment she was feeling hesitant about hurting him. He seemed genuinely sweet, and his smile was addicting, making her sad when he wasn’t absolutely beaming. Mitsuki had to though, well, maybe he’d cooperate. Alright, so he might not like the idea that he can’t get his kicks anymore, but in all honesty, it’d be better for him in the long run.

Determined now, because hunting down the last of those horrid creatures would help her new friend stay healthy, Mitsuki flashed a shy smile, and started her attempts to get him alone. “Actually,” she started, toying with her notch band, “I’m a little… Woozy already. Perhaps though, we can head somewhere, quite, and I can make it up to you.” by destroying the last of the creatures that had everyone huddled under their bedcovers for years, she added mentally.

Hopping up from her seat, Mitsuki bent down in pretense of lacing her shoes, but in actuality was checking to make sure she was armed. She had a knife on her, that should be enough to scare a blood letter into talking. She hoped by the next day she’d have a reason to carry something a great deal more damaging. Standing back upright she flashed her new friend another smile.

“Well, are you coming?”
mysticaldragonmagic
mysticaldragonmagic
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by SeekingSeer Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:33 am

For a moment, Sayo thought she was turning him down. He kept his smile up and tried a little pout to try and get her the drink until she came up with an even better prospect. His smile widened and he flashed her his pearly whites. He was careful enough however, to keep her from noticing the fangs yet. He wanted to be positive about her intentions first.

He scanned the crowd while she checked her shoes and was relieved that his boss wasn't looking over at him. She would have to understand that feeding came first in his book when he was trying to stay away from hunters and their oh so sharp stakes. He turned his attention back to her when she spoke and he nodded to her. He motioned for her to follow him and he walked out of the crowded room into a quite hallway.

His eyes instantly turned red from the thirst and the prospect of it so close at hand. He swallowed hard and forced his eyes to return to their ocean blue hues. He opened a door and let her inside a cozy little room. He lit candles around the room to reveal a satin bed that at the moment looked inviting to him. At least here, they could speak openly about what was about to happen. He blew out the match he had been holding and sat down on the bed.

"Mind if I ask you something?" Without waiting for a response to that, he continued, "Did you bring me back here to find out if somehow you could be a blood letter also?" He kept his attentions on her and waited for some type of movement or hesitation. She could be a hunter after all and he needed to be careful. He didn't let anything on just yet.
SeekingSeer
SeekingSeer
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by mysticaldragonmagic Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:59 am

Mitsuki followed without hesitation, she was an armed hunter, and he was just a blood letter. There was no need to be afraid of anything involving him. Blood letters were generally weak people, like heroin addicts going through withdrawals. They just weren’t usually worth your time. Unless, of course, you needed information. Then they were worth every second.

Following him into a back room, Mitsuki shut the door behind her. Watching him light the candles she realized that she probably should have let some strange guy lead her into a bedroom alone. In her mind she kept repeating that she was a hunter, and she could handle anything. That certainly included an unarmed blood letter. Well, at least she hoped he was unarmed, Mitsuki didn’t want to have to injure him.

Watching him warily as he crossed the room and sat on the bed, Mitsuki fidgeted. Of course, she knew she had to approach him, to be civil if possible. Then if he got upset, or quiet, she’d pull out her knife. Mitsuki swore to herself she’d do her best not to hurt him, it truly was the last thing she wanted to do.

Mitsuki walked to the bed, and sat down next to the blood letter, tucking her legs beside her with one hand at her ankle just in case. At his question she had to think. If she told him she wanted to be a blood letter he’d probably give up the were-abouts easier than if she told him she was a hunter wanting to destroy his fix. Tugging at her long ebony locks, as she did when she was nervous or lying, she nodded shyly, “Yes, actually. I hope that doesn’t offend you.”
mysticaldragonmagic
mysticaldragonmagic
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by SeekingSeer Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:46 pm

Sayo watched her approach him and took in every detail. She looked strong for a human, but then again, quite a few worked out and took care of themselves. He moved over a little to allow her to sit down and get comfortable. The warm smile on his face never left and he tried hard to keep his concentration on her and not her neck. He would give everything away if he did that.

With her words, his smile brightened. He found himself a host. He thought it would be harder, but he hardly wasted an hour of his time. "That doesn't offend me at all actually. I have just the person in mind for you," he answered and reached out with his right hand and caressed her cheek lightly. "Are you positive you want to be a donor? If not, things turn out a little nasty. Not fun for anyone then."

He couldn't help himself. He leaned closer to her and inhaled her scent. No doubt she tasted just as wonderful. His breathing had picked up from excitement and longing. He wanted to just bite her and ask later, but she needed to answer that question. He didn't want complications to arise in the middle of his feeding. He had to give her the warning but he wished he didn't have to.

"It could hurt sometimes, but usually it’s quite pleasurable. You can only give blood twice a week and that’s pushing it. You need to give yourself time to rejuvenate your blood cells. The vamp I have in mind is gentle. He does anything for you if you just ask him..." Sayo enticed and glanced down at her perfect little throat. He kissed her cheek quickly before turning to her neck and kissed the skin above her jugular. His fangs were already beginning to extend and his eyes were crimson. Her warm beating heart against his lips nearly put him over the edge.
SeekingSeer
SeekingSeer
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by mysticaldragonmagic Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:31 pm

Heart starting to pound like the hooves of a winning race horse, Mitsuki leaned away. The blood letter was invading her senses, making her already fuzzy mind even fuzzier. For a moment even, she forgot why she was even there. When the blood letter spoke of the creature Mitsuki felt like she’d be sick. He spoke of how the vampire was gentle. That was indeed a laugh. Saying a vampire was gentle was close to saying that you could touch fire and not get hurt. It was impossible.

The blood letter had leaned closer, pressing his lips against her skin, making Mitsuki shudder. It was getting bad, fast. She still didn’t want to hurt the poor guy though he seemed so sweet. Calculating in her thoughts, she decided, a threat would be enough, he wouldn’t make her hurt him.

Fiddling for the knife in her boot, Mitsuki cursed her hands for not cooperating right. When she’d grabbed had her knife, she gave the blood letter a little push, so that she was leaning over him. She was trying to show she was accepting, but on her terms for his cooperation. Revealing her knife, not even bothering to press it against his flesh, just simply toying with the tip, Mitsuki muttered unhappily, “Just tell me where the vamp is. Then I won’t have to hurt…” she trailed off.

“You’re him.” His eyes, she hadn’t noticed before, they’d changed colors. Mitsuki had found the last vampire, and she was stupid enough to let him lure her into a back room alone. She was deeply ashamed to call herself a hunter in that moment. To have been tricked so, and not be armed to take him on. She wanted to scan the room for anything she could use, but she needed to keep an eye on him, besides what kind of vampire keeps something laying about that can kill him. Mitsuki felt defeated already, even armed with the knife that would be practically useless against him.
mysticaldragonmagic
mysticaldragonmagic
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by SeekingSeer Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:04 pm

He looked at her surprised when she had pushed him away to lean over him with the knife. It had happened quicker than he expected and hadn't had time to hide his eyes. So now, she knew he was a vampire. He hoped it would have worked but now he had a more pressing matter to deal with; A woman with a knife who wasn't a fragile human after all.

His eyes narrowed on her and he pushed her off of him. He quickly stood up and turned to face her. "You’re a clever little hunter aren't you?" he hissed and showed his fangs. He couldn't believe he had been so close to the point where she could have staked him if she had realized sooner. He had been to open and he wouldn't make that mistake again. He had to get out of here and fast

He could easily kill her now and get it over with, but if she had other hunters around, then he was a sitting duck in a trap. He couldn't fight off a whole bunch in his state. If he turned his back however, she would throw that dagger and maybe a stake and then he would be finished. He would have to wait until she made the first move before he could run.

He ran his eyes over her form and gave a small smile and barred his fangs. “You don’t have your weapons on you. You weren’t ready for a hunt tonight,” he said. This was going to be easier. He could drain her and be done with it. He would have his energy and another hunter would be out of his way. He would of course have to run to another city, but at least he would be safe.
SeekingSeer
SeekingSeer
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by mysticaldragonmagic Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:13 pm

This was bad. Very bad in fact. Mitsuki’s mind raced, and she knew she had to bs him. She knew she couldn’t let him leave, as a hunter she knew that the vampire could not leave her presence hungry. She needed time to think of a plan.

“You don’t know the many places a hunter could conceal a weapon. It’s in our job description to be prepared to face the likes of you.” Yeah a job that she hadn’t done very well. She scoffed, “I still can’t believe it was so easy to lure you away, you must have been indeed hungry. How long has it been since you’ve had a decent meal.”

Mitsuki’s inner voice was screaming at her. Yes, taunting a vampire, and reminding him how hungry he is when you’re unarmed, that’s smart. Mentally kicking herself, she toyed with the band at her wrist. The deaths of so many of his kind were on her hands, but she’d gotten trapped.

She knew, at this point, she couldn’t win, she wasn’t armed, and with the way her heart was beating, Mitsuki knew the vampire was also aware. There was only one thing she could do. In order to keep everyone else safe. It wasn’t something that was new to her, Mitsuki had been a blood letter until her brother had become one of those… creatures. Knowing what she had to do, she dropped all pretenses.

“Bite me, take my blood.” she muttered, her eyes dropping to the floor in defeat. Lords above she hoped it hurt. She couldn’t be sucked into that euphoria again, not after all that has happened. This time, the vampire wins, next time, Mitsuki’d have a stake in him before he could realize it was her.
mysticaldragonmagic
mysticaldragonmagic
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by SeekingSeer Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:17 pm

Sayo twitched at her comments. She was teasing him! He looked her over again to make sure he had been right about her not having weapons, but then realized she was right. He hadn't notice that sharp little dagger she had hidden, why would he notice any other weapon? He hated being caught like this and cornered like an animal. He tried to remain human as much as possible so this was a complete insult.

"A very long time. Too long," he answered and scanned the room once more quickly before turning his eyes back on her. He couldn't let her get close to him. Her heart was beating fast and it was begging him to bite. His eyes colored crimson once more and his fangs extended over his lip. He would have taken a step forward, but he restrained himself. If he got close, she could strike. He was most vulnerable during feeding.

“Bite me, take my blood.” Sayo's eyes widened. That was too good to be true. A hunter inviting him to bite her perfect little neck? That was obviously a trick!

"Do you think me an idiot?" he hissed to her. He wouldn't open himself to her like that. "I am not about to trust you." Even though he said those words, his eyes instinctively went to her throat. The invitation was just so tempting... he took a step forward before he gained control of his mind again. He strained his senses and tried to determine the correct course of action but her beating heart kept distracting him. He couldn't concentrate. Should he take the invite? He wanted to. He gave a low whimper he hadn’t intended to sound.
SeekingSeer
SeekingSeer
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by mysticaldragonmagic Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:54 pm

Mitsuki fought the urge to say yes when he’d asked if she thought he was an idiot. She had to say, being lured into a back room by a hunter wasn’t exactly brilliant. Then, of course, she was equally idiotic, getting caught with a vampire unprepared. She needed to turn in. Hunting just wasn’t her game anymore. Yeah really bad timing on that one. When she's being stared down by a very hungry vampire, that's when she chooses to doubt her career choice.

Her mind screamed for her to focus. The liquor still swam in her mind though, making it somewhat difficult. She hadn't thought that she'd drank that much, but then it could be the vampire. It'd been a long while since she'd been near one, she forgot how it felt. She'd forgotten thier pull.

The vampire didn’t trust her. Not that she could really blame him. In his shoes, Mitsuki wouldn’t trust a hunter either. She needed him to know she wasn’t screwing with his mind any more though. She had to take a big step to show him that he can trust her just this once.

With a deep, overly exaggerated sigh, Mitsuki did what every hunter was sworn not to do. She turned her back to a vampire, trying not to cringe as she did so. Pressing her palms flush against the wall, to show she had no arms. “Search me if you must. Just don’t leave here to seek another victim.”

Mitsuki knew if the order ever heard of this incident, she’d be cast out. Helping a vampire was just as bad as actually being one. Perhaps though, she’d get another shot at the vamp before the order found out. Then there would be no need for the order, and she wouldn’t get hunted down. That is of course, if the vampire let her live. He had called himself gentle, hadn’t he? Maybe he didn’t wish to kill.
mysticaldragonmagic
mysticaldragonmagic
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by SeekingSeer Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:06 am

He crossed his arms waiting for her to do something. A hunter tried this trick before and he couldn't believe he fell for it again. This time, he wouldn't let her put a stake to his chest. That had been an extremely close call. That damned hunter managed to stake him, lucky for him it wasn't his chest. He still had that throbbing wound in his middle. It hurt everyday too.

Then the hunter turned her back to him. She actually turned around! This was a lucky day. She was offering herself up to him. She was going to let him drink and he would up hold what he had said earlier. He was a vampire, but he didn't lie about things. That was one thing he had kept true about himself since the change all those years ago. He walked forward and wrapped his arms around her waist and nuzzled her throat gently.

"Thank you," he whispered in her ear before he turned her around to face him. He didn't like drinking from the back. He didn't know why. Guess it was just a preference. He led her over to the bed so she wouldn't fall to the ground. His fangs extended over his pale lips and he gingerly sunk his fangs into her jugular. He did it gently; making sure there was no possible pain besides the initial prick. He drank thirstily and moaned in the relief it gave his burning throat and parched mouth.
SeekingSeer
SeekingSeer
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by mysticaldragonmagic Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:32 pm

The grip around her waist caused Goosebumps to stand out on her flesh. Mitsuki cursed the crop top sweater she’d picked to show off her abs, she was proud of the muscled she’d gotten fighting off the pests. A lot of good her strength and muscle was now, as she was practically cowering before him as he led her back to the bed. It was like a death sentence. The worst way a hunter could die, was by a vampire.

Mitsuki closed her eyes, feeling the sharp fangs pierce her skin, she whimpered. The pain didn’t last long though, it never did. Placing her hands on the vampires shoulders to brace herself from falling, and to anchor herself to the waking world, she tried not to think of how much she’d missed blood letting. Her heart doubled to adjust to the loss of blood, adrenaline kicking up.

That’s what Mitsuki thought it was. The loss of blood, the racing heart. It was proven wrong though. No one could get that kind of rush getting their blood drawn with a needle at the clinic. The vampires did something, something Mitsuki didn’t get. Of course not all vampires made it enjoyable. Some make it one of the worst experiences a human could go through. Though, you still had the racing heart, and the same loss of blood. It was probably what draws a person to them, that makes the experience so euphoric.
mysticaldragonmagic
mysticaldragonmagic
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by SeekingSeer Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:01 pm

He quickly sensed her racing heart beat and the change in the blood as adrenaline spiked it. That little hormone was so addicting. It was one reason vampires usually hunted a victim. The more they ran, the more they feared their demise, the stronger the effects of the adrenaline. He thought he had begun to wean himself off of it since his hosts were obviously not afraid of him, but her adrenaline spike nearly brought back the animal he fought so hard to control.

He felt her hands under his arms and wondered if she was falling into the 'charm' or whatever someone decided to call it. A spell if you will. He wanted to know what it would be like to be held by a hunter… To feel that hunter actually 'love' you. That was a sickening thought. That would be dancing on the thin line of existence and death just like a blood letter.

Was he really that lonely? That deprived of someone special in his life that he would picture a hunter by his side? Yet the yearning was there. He wanted the pain to go away. He wanted to have a purpose instead of just existing. He wanted to feel love. He went to bars, parties, but even there he was isolated from everyone. Afraid.

He snapped himself back to reality and realized her heart beat was beginning to slow. It was time to let go or she would be as good as dead. He pulled his fangs free of her succulent throat and licked the excess blood off the wound and his mouth. He sat up on her and looked down into her face. That beautiful face...

"Thank you again. You saved my life... well, sanity really and in payment I am not going to kill you. We had a deal after all." He reluctantly got off of her and sat down on the bed beside her. His eyes weren't that of a predator anymore. They had become their natural color thanks to his instincts being fulfilled. He looked healthier now as well.
SeekingSeer
SeekingSeer
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by mysticaldragonmagic Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:40 pm

Mitsuki fell back against the bed trying to steady her heart and her breathing. The room swirled and she felt like she was about to black out. Her mind cleared though, and Mitsuki relaxed a bit knowing that she wasn’t going to die. “A life for a life. That’s awfully ancient of you. We stopped doing eye for eye negotiations quite some time ago. Not that I’m complaining. I appreciate that you’re letting me live.”

The room swirled again, making Mitsuki groan. Blood letting was something a person had to get used to, and it’d been a long time since she’d been with a vampire without ramming a stake through their chest. One thing she’d remembered though, intoxication beforehand was always bad. Not only did the vampires not like the taste very much, but it made it harder to focus after.

Mitsuki’s eyes fell on the vampire. He looked healthier now that he’d fed. That was good, perhaps it would be a while until he needed to feed again. Mitsuki couldn’t seem to grasp onto the hatred of his kind and focus it on him though, and it was becoming irritating. Perhaps it was because she’d thought he was the victim at first. The poor blood letter just looking for a cheap thrill. Mitsuki laughed thinking back on the conversation they had at the bar, “You know… trading your bite for blood… that’s borderline prostitution.” she teased, a smirk playing at her lips.
mysticaldragonmagic
mysticaldragonmagic
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by SeekingSeer Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:52 pm

"Yeah I know that code is ancient. I still live by it. I am ancient after all," he said smiling a little. He looked at her once more and didn't feel cold and indifferent to her. Nor did he feel the fear and hatred he had moments before the feeding. He wondered if her blood letting actually brought him closer to her. It was an odd yet comforting thought to nurture in his mind.

Then he heard her response and he couldn't help but laugh. This time it was a real one and brought merriment to his face briefly. "You know I had that same thought when you first asked that. I started wondering about it. I never thought of feeding as prostitution before. I guess it kinda makes sense. Usually my host wants a more... physical session and I comply. Like I said before, a blood letter needs only ask of me what they will and I provide. Wow that sounds corny doesn't it?" he asked her grinning.

He hadn't felt so at ease in a while. Even with his hosts he had always found the need to distance himself so he didn't make the same mistake a fourth time. He had real bad luck with the heart and so far it left him melancholy and broken. For the moment at least, he could be relaxed and comfortable with the woman beside him; even if she was a hunter. His appearance took a miserable look as he contemplated his life and his next actions. He would have to move again. She knew who he was.

"So I guess after tonight, It's back to being on the chase," he stated rather than questioned as he picked at the bed cover's weaving.
SeekingSeer
SeekingSeer
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by mysticaldragonmagic Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:38 pm

Mitsuki laughed, nodding, “Yes, it does a little. Well, a lot actually.” He was making it easy to feel like they were just people, lingering in the aftermath of a happy high. She was feeling a level of comfort and safety that she couldn’t feel even in the presence of other hunters. When he smiled, she smiled. His happiness, made her happy. When his features warped back to sadness, and he mentioned their chase, Mitsuki remembered that he was a vampire, and she was just caught in a trap he hadn’t meant to set.

Sighing, Mitsuki contemplated the statement. “Yes, after tonight. That means tonight though… no killing.” Propping up on her elbow she caught his eyes with hers, “The city south of here… you should avoid it. That’s where we’re searching. We’re heading North soon though. Far north. We thought maybe we’d scared you off to isolation, so we’re heading for the mountains.”

Mitsuki wanted to cut her tongue out for telling him as much as she had, but she felt she had too. She would already lose her position as a hunter. They would know, whether she told or not, that she’d been with the vampire, and the bite marks proved he wasn’t dead. Smirking to herself, she thought of how she’d just gotten back from the mountains to scope things out. They of course would assume he was there, if she didn’t talk. She of course, had to tell the order everything, having sworn an oath. Then of course, as a hunter, she knew it was her obligation to make sure he was taken down. Mitsuki’s eyebrows knitted together, she needed to let his ‘spell’ wear off before she decided anything.
mysticaldragonmagic
mysticaldragonmagic
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by SeekingSeer Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:47 pm

He nodded and gave her a small joyless smile. So there were some hunters he could reason with if only for a little while. When she started to tell him about the organizations plans however, his eyes widened shocked. She was actually saving him from another possible attack? More than likely, he would have headed for the mountains. He had a sinking feeling about this. Then another thought struck him.

"Wait. You have a bite mark. They'll know I bit you. They will kill you and use the bite to track me down or figure out who I am. I can't let that happen." He stood up then and started to pace. He was stuck again. He wanted so badly to take her with him. He was craving company and she was the only one he had. She was going to laugh at him and call him insane or something, but he had to ask.

"Will... will you come with me? We can run away somewhere. They don't have to know. We can watch each other's backs and be like a team. I promise you I won't turn anyone. I haven't yet and I have no intention of it. I am not going to damn someone else to this but I can't promise you I won't try and find a host. No matter how much I hate it, there is no other option for me," he explained.
SeekingSeer
SeekingSeer
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by mysticaldragonmagic Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:20 am

Mitsuki didn’t respond, her eyes focusing on the band at her wrist. He was utterly insane. Though he was right. The end of her career meant the end of her life. You couldn’t just quit being a hunter. They were worse than gangs. Having built themselves up to be a weapon, they couldn’t just be sent out into the world. It wasn’t allowed. After the last vampire got staked, they’d all most likely be executed, unless they found another common enemy, which Mitsuki doubted, highly.

His insanity was becoming less insane by the second. Plus they really could track him from the bite, she’d forgotten that. It’d been so long since they’d dealt with a vampire, she’d forgotten the little ticks. She looked over at the vampire that she’d been chasing for so long. She realized that the only thing she’d been calling him was vampire. Usually she didn’t catch names of those on the other end of her wooden stake, but that wasn’t where she placed him. She felt herself agreeing with him, but she needed to show him how little they knew of each other

Standing up, and walking to the vampire, she flashed a sweet smile, “Hi. I’m Mitsuki, Suki for short. Former blood letter turn hunter for the order. I… I would very much like to be your… team.”
mysticaldragonmagic
mysticaldragonmagic
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by SeekingSeer Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:31 pm

He watched as she debated with herself. She was actually debating whether or not to come with him! That defiantly caught him by surprise. He thought she would just say no without a second to spare and walk out of the room with the rest of her dignity. He was glad that she didn't. It made her seem more... more what? More human? He shook his head. What a stupid thought.

Then he heard her re-introduce herself and flashed her a fanged smile. He stood up and took her hand in his. "My name is Sayo. It is a pleasure and an honor to have you by my side." He turned her hand and brought it to his lips and brushed them across her skin. It was an old greeting to show respect and fealty, and she deserved it completely in his book. Not many people had a somewhat open mind to strange new things.

"Where do you suggest me go Mitsuki? Oh, isn't that a coincidence? Your name in Japanese means moon, correct?" he asked her. He had studied different languages on occasion, but for some reason he couldn't remember half of the words he learned. It was probably because he wasn't interested. The only languages he knew were English, Romanian, and French. Those were the places he had gone to live so far besides America which had become his recent home.
SeekingSeer
SeekingSeer
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next