Psychology of Writing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Likez Teh Artz

+3
Hoshiko
black_stained_heart
Syldoran
7 posters

Go down

I Likez Teh Artz Empty I Likez Teh Artz

Post by Syldoran Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:47 pm

Heheh.

Well, I'll put up things as I see fit. I may not update that often, but hey. Critique is always appreciated, and please don't be afraid to say something. As long as you're not a jerk, I won't burst into tears/find where you live armed with my father's handgun.

And also, I draw a lot of Joey (the green-haired guy who seems to be in a constant state of depression when I draw). I'm trying to pull away from that, but be unsurprised.

I Likez Teh Artz Irony
I can't remember exactly what I was thinking when I drew this. Joey does, however, tend to get himself into a lot of little problems due to his sarcasm, social ineptitude, lack of emotion and trust in his friends, and whatnot. He's a jerk with a heart of gold (or maybe silver) but still doesn't know exactly what he's doing here. Either way, it was a lot of fun to do and gave me practice with darker aspects.

I Likez Teh Artz ThisEmptyStreet
Drake, my best friend's roleplay character. I wanted to try doing one of those drawings that's done in all black shadows and such. And he's a vampire/demon thing, so loneliness is fitting. Originally done with a blunt Sharpie, so it may be a little off in places.

I Likez Teh Artz Stitches
Joey again, after a long Saw-based part of a roleplay. His problem was that he never let anyone in emotionally, so his punishment was having keys hidden under his skin to his and his not-girlfriend's life. He couldn't reach them, so he had to let someone in. Physically. Ow. Anyway, this was my first real stab at computer coloring not long ago, and I'm still rather happy with it, although I'm aware his positioning's a little off . . .
Syldoran
Syldoran
Foreshadow

http://syldoran.sheezyart.com

Back to top Go down

I Likez Teh Artz Empty Re: I Likez Teh Artz

Post by black_stained_heart Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:11 pm

you've got a really good sense of anatomy. what medium did you use for the first one?
black_stained_heart
black_stained_heart
Artistic Critics
Artistic Critics

Back to top Go down

Post by Syldoran Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:17 pm

The first one I used a bunch of different mediums. I inked the drawing and words with a professional art pen, then colored in almost everything using Faber Castell manga pens (including some of the shading on him). I used two different green markers for the highlighted hair and dog tag, a #8 woodless graphite pencil and tissue to smear in the blackness in the background, and then pretty much the lead residue from the background to add the ashy shading to his skin.

Phew. I didn't realize how much stuff I used for this. X3

Anyway, thanks. :3 I'm always afraid I can't do anatomy, so it's reassuring to hear that I'm somewhat competent.
Syldoran
Syldoran
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Syldoran Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:44 am

I found more stuff. Yay~

I Likez Teh Artz HappyJoey
This one here was just supposed to be amusing. I wanted to see what Joey, the normally impassive and borderline emotionless character of mine, would look like if in a good mood. He came out looking like some pretty boy due to the laws of aesthetic appeal (applied to his happy expression) and the laws of physics (applied to the movement of his shirt above his navel). So yeah.

These next two are links. Because I can.

https://2img.net/h/i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn54/Syldoran/SketchDump1.jpg
This I only made a link because it's a long image. It's a sketch dump, meaning a collage of old pictures I never finished or, for whatever reason, never liked enough to put as a separate post. The numbers are there because I originally posted it on SheezyArt and had a description for each picture; you can see the full description here.
(You click on that "here.")

https://2img.net/h/i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn54/Syldoran/Justice.jpg
Then this one has a little profanity, which I doubt matters much but I didn't want to risk it. Just in case. (Never mind the first picture of the first post. >_>) It was a lot of fun to color on the computer, but I still need work with consistency in drawing comics panel-to-panel. Made because I needed an excuse to draw myself tallermore epic-looking. And also because I don't like Twilight. Or the fangirls. I wouldn't mind Twilight so much if it weren't for those fangirls.

They're like starving hyenas.

Waiting to pounce upon the weak.

Waiting.
Syldoran
Syldoran
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoshiko Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:32 pm

I see Havoc 8D
Hoshiko
Hoshiko
Chicken Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Tokuori Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:07 pm

ROFL ROFL ROFL AT THE TWILIGHT ONE

xDD
Tokuori
Tokuori
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by Syldoran Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:58 pm

Mmyes, there's a Havoc. :B

And that Twilight one is the best thing I've done in forever. <3 Yay for epic explosions that do good.
Syldoran
Syldoran
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Tokuori Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:43 pm

You make me want my tablet more and more.
Tokuori
Tokuori
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by Syldoran Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:10 pm

Is that a good thing? X3

At least you have a tablet. I need to get me one.
Syldoran
Syldoran
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Tokuori Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:35 pm

Yeah its a very good thing. I haven't had the need to draw in a long time.

I should be getting it sometime this week.. If you want, once I do.. we could draw each others OC's

Do you do art trades?
Tokuori
Tokuori
A Footnote

Back to top Go down

Post by Syldoran Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:41 pm

Hrm, I think I can do an art trade. I can't guarantee it'll be done extremely soon, as school starts tomorrow, but I think I'm up for that. :3

Speaking of art trades, this is my half of one done with a friend on SA. His name is Chain, and he's, like, her only human character. X3 I can't draw dragons or anything, so I did this for her. I don't know what he's doing . . . flying, gliding, apprehensive about falling into a pit of oblivion created by an artist's poor attempt at a lame background . . .

I Likez Teh Artz Chain
Syldoran
Syldoran
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Syldoran Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:09 am

From my first day of school; I was forced to hang around with the ex-best friend I hate because she keeps clinging to the friends I still hang out with. =.= Bleh.

I think I need to learn to kill people with my mind.

Or a Death Note.

I Likez Teh Artz AttemptedHomicide
Syldoran
Syldoran
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Syldoran Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:07 pm

Bah. I keep finding all these pictures I can put up. X3

BY THE WAY, I DO LIKE CRITIQUE. Just so you know.

So yeah. Let me know what you think and all. :3

I Likez Teh Artz Jack
This here is Jack, the roleplay character of a friend of mine. He has ten billion piercings, which I can't draw, and muscles, which I also can't draw. =.= Needless to say this was a fair practice.

I Likez Teh Artz Betrayal
This is Drake and Devon, done after a similar part in an old roleplay. Drake's not too good at controlling himself anymore. ]: In any case, all the words and whatnot are supposed to be Devon's thoughts on the matter and blah blah blah and I CAN'T DRAW LIPS OR ANYTHING SO NEH.

I Likez Teh Artz VincentPlaying
Vincent. <3

I Likez Teh Artz DemonJazzy
I originally wanted to make a series out of this--one for each of my two best friends and one of me, using a different color scheme. Never happened. I ripped up the other friend's and got bored with mine, so yeah~
Syldoran
Syldoran
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticPower Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:00 pm

I like them.
Very Happy

MysticPower
Unreliable Narrator

http://yourworld918.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Karali Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:01 am

I like how smooth the coloring in your traditional pictures is. What medium do you use? o;
Karali
Karali
Global Critics
Global Critics

Back to top Go down

Post by Syldoran Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:07 am

Thanks to both. :3

When coloring, I kinda swap. Sometimes I use colored pencils, other times I use markers (Sharpies in rare cases.) For some, like the picture of Vincent, I just use pens--gel pens work best for small blocks of red. It usually depends on the picture and what I have on hand if it's a simpler one.

Sometimes I mix markers and colored pencils, for I have no flesh-colored markers. The ones I have are kinda lame and are always dark, so I color skin with pencils.
Syldoran
Syldoran
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Excalibur Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:19 am

hey hey! I love how you draw clothes and figures. the faces arent my style, but there really cool too. =P I wish i had a tablet! D:
Excalibur
Excalibur
An Anecdote

Back to top Go down

Post by Syldoran Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:05 pm

Heh, yeah, not everyone likes the anime style. 'Tis why I draw cartoons every now and again, that I haven't even put up here. XD I should do that.

And I want a tablet, too. ;_; Sooo badly. BUT FIRST I NEED A JOB 'CEPT EVERYONE KEEPS TURNING ME DOWN.

In the meantime . . .

I Likez Teh Artz LittlePieceofHeaven
Basically an inside joke with my friend, in which our roleplay band performs "Little Piece of Heaven" by Avenged Sevenfold and makes a big thing out of it. Blood Ketchup for all.

It's a good song if you like rock music, humor, death, murder of loved ones, cannibalism, weddings in hell, zombies, necrophilia, and the deaths of innocents, all wrapped up in eight minutes with the occasional sprinkling of sarcasm. :3

It's probably not a good thing this is my favorite A7X song . . .

I Likez Teh Artz JordanvsJoey

I'm a girl, so Joey is, obviously, a gender-bent self. He was originally conceived over a game of Sims 2 with a couple of friends; his name is the nickname one of my friends gave me. So it works.

Anyway, although they're the same person, I usually portray them differently when I draw them. Jordan's usually my weirder and actually excitable side, and Joey's the one who's more level-headed and hard to get excited, and usually the moodier one. Of course, it's not always like that; Joey does get excited and is happy once in awhile, and Jordan is moody a lot. :3 Combine them and you've got, well, me overall. (Even though I tend to be moody more often than weird, I think.)

And of course, they'll both jump into an Edward Elric cosplay with little provocation.

I Likez Teh Artz OnRelationshipsandBrainCells
Silly Joey, thinking you can get a girlfriend without confusing someone. Particularly Jack.

Kind of a crap comic done on the last day of school. Hence my "lazy" method of drawing and the straight lines that AREN'T REALLY STRAIGHT LOOKIT THAT.

Done just with a ballpoint pen, woo~

Last edited by Syldoran on Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Syldoran
Syldoran
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Syldoran Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:48 pm

I Likez Teh Artz Clueless-1
Joey's not very good at boyfriend things. Particularly public ones.

It's a miracle he has a girlfriend at all.

Decided to try coloring the outlines on this one. I'm really happy with how it came out. It makes it look so much cleaner than the black lines that I don't think I'll ever do anything with black outlines again.

Now I need to find some way to do super awesome backgrounds when I can't draw them. >3>;

Anyway. Everyone in order, left to right: Jack, Zakuro, Damien, and Joey. Yaaay.

Damien and Jack (c) My friend. By the way.
Syldoran
Syldoran
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Syldoran Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:22 am

I Likez Teh Artz JoeybeHorrible

Joey. All dressed up. I dare you to guess as who.

No, really. I'll put in a bunch of spaces in order to simulate waiting while you guess, it's okay.

Have you guessed yet?

Dr. Horrible. <3 I love that little show thing so much. I originally tried to draw myself, but it wound up looking like a boy by the time I got there, so I hacked off the hair and called it Joey. He's the guinea pig for all my crazy stuff anyway, so it's okay.

Not perfect, mostly with the goggles, but I had a lot of fun with it. The goggles gave me lots of little details to do while shading in the black and white.

PLZ 2 IGNORE BAD MARKER. My red marker died on me after I got past the collar. ;_; I tried smoothing it out with a magenta color, but it didn't really show up and all it did was make the red look shiny.

And also plz2ignore slight slant. I need to stop drawing with my sketchbook at an angle.
Syldoran
Syldoran
Foreshadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum